Ever since I have been on my keto weight loss journey I have been looking for healthier food alternatives that still tastes just as good as the ones that are higher carbohydrates. Today I am giving you my version of the keto bread recipe.
For this recipe you will need;
- 1¼ cups almond flour
- 5 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp of white chia seeds – these are for sprinkling on top of your bread before it goes in the oven
- 2 small single sachets of stevia
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (optional) – I like to use half a cup of paleo mix for an extra nutty and crunchy taste
Instructions for the keto bread recipe are as follows;
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Bring the water to a boil and add it, the vinegar and egg whites to the bowl, while beating with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Don’t over mix the dough, the consistency should resemble Play-Doh.
- place the mixture in a loaf tray and make it as flat as possible – if you want to make rolls instead then moisten hands and make 6 small round pieces of the dough. Place them on a greased baking sheet. Before you place your bread in the oven sprinkle your chia seeds on top of the mixture.
- Bake on lower rack in the oven for 50–60 minutes, depending on the size of your bread.
- Allow cool before slicing. Serve with butter and toppings of your choice. Enjoy!
And there you have it! You no longer have to be sad about not having any bread in your life when you embark on the keto diet. You can have a lower carb option that still tastes just as good as normal bread.